Thursday, November 21, 2013

MUA Makeup academy Haul and review

Welcome back friends, my awaited order from makeup academy arrived today. As some of you may know I have been looking forward to receiving this. I love to review new products, finding new things I can use for work and personal use. 

Let's start with ease of ordering, cost shipping etc. 

The website it's self, which can be found at muastore  is very easy to navigate. Any specials or new products they have are right there on the home screen. 
product costs vary depending on the collection, however they have products to suite every budget. 
International shipping is a good price and the products are packaged well and safely for the journey. 
I ordered mainly lipsticks and glosses as you can see from the below picture. 

Small haul of lip products 
I cant do swatches on my skin as I have tattoos on the insides of my arms so the best I can do is on this piece of paper.
swatches of colours 
Ok now onto the products them selves.

Fashionista nail lacquer in DEAD RED SHADE 11

I love the colour of this nail varnish, it goes on smoothly good coverage with only one coat, drying time is really quick. The only down side for me personally is the square shaped lid. I dont think they sit nicely in your hand. But I will be buying this again and trying different colours.

£5.00
£1.50
Fashionista Nail Polish     is on sale at the moment








 Matte Lipstick. 
Again I love the colour, but as with the other two matt lipsticks I got, I was not impressed with how they look when one over all. I dont have dry cracked lips but as you can see from this picture it does look as though I do. Saying that for the £1 that they cost you cant really go wrong. Add to that there are a few tips and tricks I will be sharing on my youtube video that will combate the dry cracked lip effect I found them to have. I ordered these in 
Totally Nude, 
Peachy Keen, and 
Wild Berry. 
Pigmentation was good and value for money is a big yes, would I buy them again unfortunatly I would have to say no. 





Intense kisses High intensity gloss

These are the newest glosses from MUA and at £2 each you cant go wrong. In this picture I am wearing Smooch. The colour, texture, pigment, smell and taste are all a 10 for me. These are great alone as in the picture or can be used over your favorite lipstick an all round winner. 
The colours I ordered are
smooch and stolen kisses. 
Yes I will also be ordering these again. 



Fashionista lipsticks. 

These are normally £7 each but at the moment are on sale at £1.50 (bargin) 
I ordered this in the following colours, 
How do I look, 
Style Transformation, 
Touch Up, 
Aubergine Shade 8. 
These are some really creamy lipsticks which glide over your lips smoothly and leave a good amount of colour without having to build up. Length of wear time is a good few hours without having to touch up. The darker colours even once faded leave a good stain on your lips which if you had forgotten to pack the lipstick a nice coat of lip balm would have it looking top notch again. 
My only complaint about them is once on the darker shades ie, style transformation, aubergine from this collection, the matte wild berry and stolen kisses high intensity gloss are pretty much the same. 

Over all I will be purchasing more colours from the fashionista collection. 


The below shots are of all shades purchased from all collections mentioned.

Apart from a few negative aspects I personally felt I can not recommend them enough for makeup on a budget. MUA brings great value for money, there customer service is good, lead time from order to dispatch, well personally mine was shipped within 24 hours, you cant go wrong. 


All opinions expressed in this post are my own, I am not endorsed by any company. I am sharing my opinions and finding on the products I ordered and received. 

So now you have read this post why have you not jumped over to the MUA store and ordered?!?!? 

Thanx for stopping by and dont forget to let me know what you think of the MUA products you use. 

Sunday watch out for my tips and tricks regarding the matte colours over on my youtube channel. 

Love and lipstick 

Vikkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment