Thursday, January 16, 2014

Make up make up and more make up

Well I am home with lots of new drugstore items and one high end foundation which I have to say I am in love with but more on that later. 
I have stocked up on facial scrubs from the clean n clear range as I really like the facial wash. It leaves my skin sooo soft. 
The Olay facial scrubs are a new thing to try but so far I'm liking them. They come with the little battery powered scrubber for deep cleaning. I tend to use it every night before bed and the clean and clear is my morning wake up soap. 

I had heard so many good things about the Revlon colour stay and photo ready range of foundations that I have to admit to it being my first purchase. I opted for the colour stay moose foundation as I tend to favour full coverage due to the facial hair issues. Well let me tell you this foundation is great, a little goes a long way and it provides a lovely lasting full cover. Is so creamy but a little heavy on. 
My slash out purchase was on the Kat Von D foundation which people let me tell you I fell in love with. It is so smooth and light, blend able and build able and covers my problem areas soooo well. For me it is such a shame I can only mail order it as this would so be my daily foundation if it was easy to get hold off but alas it's not here in Norway. 
I also got a cover girl foundation and a bob cream by wet n wild in their fergie collection.

I may if gone a little OTT on te eyeshadow front lol although is that really possible I'm not so sure lol. I'm enjoying the wet n wild shadows they have some good pigmentation and are easy to blend. I am a little disappointed with the Revlon cream shadows though :( Not easy to use at all in my opinion and don't give very vivid colour. 

We have all heard of the ELF contour blush and bronzing set so I just had to get one. The Revlon and NYX blushes are my fav though and I alternate between the two day to day. 

Various nail varnish from Sally Hanson to NYC. OPI to wet n wild. The Sally Hanson insta dry is great it goes non smoothly with the professional style brush it's not quite as long wearing as I like but a good top coat will soon fix that. My least favorite has to be the NYC nail colours. They are far to watery and take quite a few coats to get a good colour build up. Although saying that they are worth the price of being the cheapest of the cheap so can't complain really. 

Well obviously after my huge haul I am going to have to organize my draws a little better lol. I've not even included all the lip products or give away items I thought I would save that for tomorrow. 

I have applied to be a wet n wild embassador and intend to hold some wet n wild parties here in Norway come the spring time. 

How did you all do over Christmas and the New Year, did you hit the sales? I spent far to much money on clothes and makeup I have to admit but got some nice bargains as well. 

What would you like to see this month on the blog or the you tube channel don't forget to let me know. 

Stay warm and safe and don't forget to sparkle. 

Love and foundation 

Vikkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment